Monday, April 3, 2017

Maggiano's Rigatoni D Copycat Recipe -- DELICIOUS!


If you know me and my husband, then you know that Maggiano's holds a significant place in our hearts! Our first date was there and my husband proposed to me there, so whenever we have something to celebrate, we tend to head right over to Little Italy!

With 4 kids now, though, it gets harder and harder to make it out for a fancy date night out to enjoy their amazing Italian food, so we found a way to bring Maggiano's to US!

This is by far one of my family's FAVORITE dinners!  I have a couple of "picky eaters" in the family too, but I am excited to say that this one is enjoyed by EVERYONE! (which is probably why I make it ALL the time! It's rare we find a meal that the entire family loves)

So rather than bore you with the details, I figured I'd go ahead and share the recipe with you already! ;)

Ingredients:

  • Makes 4-6 servings

  • 2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
  • 10 ounces of button mushrooms (I use more, usually, but depends how much you like your mushrooms!)
  • 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
  • 1 yellow onion, chopped
  • 2 teaspoons garlic, pureed
  • salt and pepper
  • 1 lb chicken breast, cut into 1 to 1 1/2 inch pieces
  • 12 quart chicken stock
  • 2 -4 ounces marsala wine
  • 2 ounces white cooking wine
  • 12 quart heavy whipping cream
  • 1 lb rigatoni pasta
  • 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped (and parsley mix)
  • 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated (I get the Sargento bags)
  • 2 ounces garlic butter
  • parmesan cheese, shavings(garnish)(or Sargento bag of cheese)
  • chopped fresh parsley (garnish)

Directions

  1. Heat oil.
  2. Caramelize onions.
  3. In separate pan, sauté  mushrooms with balsamic vinegar.
  4. Add onions to the mushrooms.
  5. Season with salt and pepper.
  6. Add garlic .
  7. Add chicken.
  8. Add chicken stock, Marsala, and white wine. Cook until reduced by half.
  9. Add cream and bring to a boil.
  10. Turn down heat and simmer to skim away any impurities.
  11. Cook rigatoni al dente.
  12. Add drained rigatoni to chicken mixture in pan and finish with basil-parsley mix, parmesan cheese, garlic butter, and salt and pepper.
  13. Add more Marsala for flavor as needed.
  14. Place in pasta bowl and garnish with parmesan shavings and chopped parsley.



It's really super easy to make and doesn't take much time!  The more you cook it, the better you get at it and the quicker you can get it all done.  The most tedious part it getting out all the ingredients and doing all the measuring, but I'm at the point now where I've got it all memorized and can have my 4 year old hop up and help out! :)
My little chef-in-training! (another favorite recipe pictured here!)

I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do!  And if you try it out, be sure to comment and let me know what you think!  And for the picky eaters, you may have to take out the mushrooms the first couple of times, but my SUPER picky eater, now eats the mushrooms and says they just taste like the cheesy noodles! #MOMWIN!

ENJOY!




5 comments:

  1. Rigatoni D is my favorite meal at Maggianos. This will be great if you have the recipe figured out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out really good and I didn't even have the heavy cream (had to do a quick substitute of milk and butter). I can't wait to make it again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazingly spot on recipe! Tastes like exactly the same as the restaurant. Thank you! The entire family was raving about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We’re very similar in that my husband and I also had our first date at Maggianos’s and got engaged there too! I love Rigatoni D and can’t wait to try this recipe. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was delicious. Tasted just like the restaurant recipe.

    ReplyDelete