Here's what you need:
- 2 empty 2-liter bottles
- a washer (like the ones you can probably find in the garage somewhere)
* (optional) I put a little bit of blue food coloring and glitter in ours just to give it a little debris and add a little something extra to it
How to do it: (super simple)
1. fill one of your 2-liters at least 3/4 full of water
2. place washer on top of 2-liter opening
3. duct tape your second 2-liter on top of the water-filled 2-liter
4. flip your 2-liters (water-filled on top)
5. help get your twister started by gently wobbling the top bottle in a circular motion and TA DA! You should start to see your funnel form as the water drains into the lower 2-liter!
This is a great little science activity for the kids that will surely grab their attention. My little guy had me flipping 2-liters for a good half-hour before he decided to take a break. About 20 minutes later, he was back for more!! (I had a super cute picture of him that I took on my phone, but for some odd reason Blogger won't let me add it to my post! GRR)
Please share your experiences if you decide to do this activity! I would love to hear what your little one thought of it! Have any other fun science experiments that you enjoy doing with your kids? Please share!