Thursday, February 10, 2011

Does Every Woman Have the Exact Love Life She Wants?

So I'm sitting here watching this movie, The Wedding Date, starring Debra Messing, or as you may know her, Grace Adler -- the cute, witty red head from Will and Grace.  It's a cute romantic comedy with a very handsome co-star, if I may say so myself.  But there was a quote from the movie that really made me stop and think for a moment.  

"Every woman has the exact love life she wants".  

Is this true?  As women, we are naturally complicated individuals. We think way too into things and are controlled by our emotions 99% of the time.  Do those of us who are constantly picking men who we know are trouble, who will cause us unnecessary stress on a daily basis and will probably drive us nuts more often than not, secretly wanting this for ourselves?  Or what about the women who are afraid of commitment and run from monogamous relationships. The ones who just can't seem to be happy with what they have until they can no longer have it.  Do those women secretly prefer to not be tied down to just one man, when they know they can have many?

Now looking back at all of my past relationships, I realize that all of the men that I dated were actually very similar in many ways.  They came off strong, almost too strong, to the point where I would almost lose interest because the chase was off and it was just too easy.  But then they would unleash their passionate side.  Passionate lovers, passionate fighters and passionate about their opinions.  I've found that none of my relationships have been easy.  It's almost like I enjoy the constant struggle for the power in my relationships, because the ones where I was given all of the control, where I could call all the shots without any discrepancy from the guy, I would get bored and lose interest.

My husband, the man of my dreams, drives me up the wall on a regular basis.  He stresses me out, makes sure that he has constant control over what I do, but yet I've never been so drawn to a man in my life.  When we get into arguments, I sometimes tell him that I can't stand him and don't know why I've chosen to spend my life with such a stubborn individual, but in reality, it seems like these little annoyances are actually what keeps me so intrigued and interested in him.  If he were to be as laid back and open-minded as I am, I would probably get bored.  But it wasn't until hearing this quote from The Wedding Date that I really sat and thought about it.  So I suppose in my case, I may find things about my love life that I don't seem to think I necessarily want, but when it comes down to it, I don't think I'd be as crazy in love with him if it were any other way.

What do you think about this quote?  Do you find that your love life is what you want it to be? Even if it may not necessarily be what you had always dreamt it would be?

No comments:

Post a Comment