Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Not Your Average Bridesmaids

DavidsBridal.com
I feel like it's been too long since I posted on here, so here we go!  This is what I've been up to and I promise it is in fact fun and fabulous!  For those of you who keep up with me, you know that I am in the process of planning my dream wedding (finally!!! ...only 2 kids, a bachelor's degree and a 3 1/2 year engagement later...)  A couple weeks ago, I found the dress of my dreams and this past weekend, I got all my bridesmaids together and we decided on what these gorgeous gals will be rockin' on my big day.  


DavidsBridal.com
I decided that I didn't want to go with the traditional scheme, with each bridesmaid wearing the identical dress.  Each of these girls is completely different, with their own unique personality, body type and style and I want that to show on my wedding day.  While my wedding day is more about me and what I want (obviously), these are my girls and I chose them to share this day with me for a reason!  I want them to be comfortable and love the dress that they have to wear all day (and pose in pictures that they will have to look back on one day also).  The dress that each girl chose, definitely resembles their individual style and looks amazing on.  

DavidsBridal.com


Now the only problem we need to solve is whether each girl needs to wear the same shoes or not.  I personally think that since each girl has their own style dress, then they need the same exact shoe, just to tie everything together.  I found a really cute pair at DSW that I think would look great with the dresses.  Not only are they fabulous, but they're affordable as well.  Now I just have to decide whether I'm going to do ivory shoes or colored shoes with my wedding gown.


I always thought I was more of a traditional kind of girl, but as I get further into this whole wedding planning process, I am realizing that I like to be unique and different from the typical bride.  I have a zest for style, as my mom put it.  I'm also trying to think of a fun DIY project for my favors now, so if anyone has a fun, affordable project, please send it my way!  

4 comments:

  1. I agree, having different dresses, but the same color looks great. No reason to try and push a style on someone that they don't feel comfortable in. You are correct though, same shoes are the way to go.

    Love the purple dresses, so if you are really adventurous, you could match your shoes to their dresses....DSW had some rocking purple shoes last time I was looking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! I'm glad you agree with me! It just reassures me that I made the right decision. I just can't wait to see them all actually in their dresses side-by-side because David's Bridal didn't have all of their dresses in the lapis purple in stock at the store. I think they will look fabulous though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! That's so exciting! At my wedding, I had the girls wear identical dresses. However, if I could do it again, I would allow everyone to wear their own style of dress, provided it be in the same color as the other bridesmaids. Your wedding is your day to express yourself and your style. Have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much Jessica! I really appreciate your input. I am having so much fun with it! I'm not sure if you read my other post, but I'm even considering wearing a colored shoe with my wedding gown rather than the ivory. I saw some really cute pictures where the bride wore either a blue shoe (there's your something blue) or another color that matches either your color theme or even like a purple shoe, for example, to match my bridemaids' dresses. I haven't decided which way to go with that yet, but I want to make it fun. One twitter follower even recommended having more than 1 pair of shoes on the big day, which I may do. Like you said, it's my day to express myself and my style and I'm having a blast with it! :)

    ReplyDelete