Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Will You Be My Bridesmaid?



To ask my maid of honor and bridesmaids to be a part of my big day, I decided to get creative and do something special for them.  I found a really great DIY idea on OnceWed with little paper chain people...only I took mine to the next level.  I made each of them a personal card asking them to officially be my bridesmaid and then wrote a special letter inside telling each of them how much they mean to me.  I also found these really cute mini picture frames at Michael's, which for now I just put their monogrammed initials in them.  I figured they could eventually put a little picture in it from the wedding or something fun like that.  And to top it off, I'm including a ring pop.  Yes, those little colored candy rings.  I thought it would be cute since I am proposing that they be my bridesmaid.  I have been working on them for over 2 days now and still haven't actually finished them.  They took a whole lot more time and effort than I thought they would, and not to mention, I have 6 bridesmaids.  But it will be totally worth it when my sisters and friends unexpectedly receive them in the mail next week. Most of them already know they are my bridesmaids, but I still wanted to make them feel extra special with something that will make it official.

For my Bridesmaids





For my Maid of Honors (before writing their names)
Did you do anything creative or fun to ask your best friends to be your bridesmaids?  I'd love to see and hear other great ideas that people have come up with! 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Crystal,
    I agree! Those are super cute. How fun to make your bridesmaids feel special.

    Thanks for popping over to my blog as well. Good luck with the wedding plans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just made these last week. I love your high-five idea!!!

    ReplyDelete