Sunday, January 23, 2011

I Couldn't Live More Than a Week Without My Keurig!

This post is in response to a daily writing prompt at Socialmoms.com:

This Christmas, my husband surprised me with this amazing new Keurig Cuisinart SS-700 Single Serve Brewing System, Silver coffee maker!  Now I would have considered myself an avid coffee drinker before I owned this thing, but now it is literally what helps me get out of bed every morning.  With the K-cups, I get to choose from so many different flavors of coffee.  "Hmmm...am I in the mood for Donut Shop coffee or Caramel Vanilla"?  "Or maybe it's not coffee that I want this morning.  Maybe I am in the mood for some hot apple cider or some English Breakfast Tea."  Who needs Starbucks when you have this amazing machine right in your kitchen?  And not to mention, your cup of joe is ready within seconds, without any of the hassle of dealing with coffee filters, or having to measure out just the right amount of coffee grains to ensure that you don't end up with a cup thats way too strong or too watered down to your liking.  I also use it frequently to make hot cocoa for my son or use the 'hot water' button to quickly make a bowl of soup when I'm feeling under the weather or just need something to warm my bones on a cold, winter afternoon.  I am telling you, people, you may read this and think I'm crazy if I couldn't go a week without a coffee maker, but this thing is so much more than just a coffee maker and it has made my life so much easier... especially in the mornings, since I am absolutely not a morning person.  They may be a little more expensive than a regular coffee maker, but it's been worth every penny! 

No comments:

Post a Comment