Thursday, September 25, 2014

Mom Guilt -- Don't Be So Hard On Yourself!

So, I wanted to take a moment to be REAL with everyone, especially my fellow mom's out there. Is it just me or do us mom's almost constantly experience some sort of "mom-guilt"? We feel like we have to constantly be SUPER MOM for our kids? We need to have a clean house, have our kid's involved in sports, trips to the playground, the laundry needs to be cleaned, folded and put away nicely, dishes done, healthy dinners cooked....there's so much we feel we constantly have to have done, and even when we do get semi-caught up on everything, we still feel bad.
I find myself struggling with this on a daily basis.

I think another huge issue that contributes to "mom guilt" today is social media and the constant comparison of ourselves with other mom's who we see posting all these great pictures with their kids, doing Pinterest crafts all day in their clean, organized homes. And it looks like these kids in all the pictures are constantly happy, mom always has a big smile on her face and they have it so much better than me.

YEAH FRIGGIN' RIGHT! Who are we kidding... let's just be real for a second, here! Of course we'd rather share the fun, happy times, right?

But seriously... There are some days, as a stay-at-home mom that I just want to lock myself in my room and cry! Don't get me wrong, I love my adorable little babies to death, but my goodness... some day's I think that if I have to break up one more obnoxious fight over a LEGO, wipe one more poopy butt, clean up one more spill on the floor I just mopped, pick up one more basket of clothes off the floor that got dumped after I spend 30 minutes folding it... I MAY JUST LOSE MY MIND!!

So for my fellow mom's out there who think that I'm Super Mom... I'm not! I try my best, but just like everyone, I have my days where I feed my kid's McDonald's Happy Meals, sit them in front of the television for too long and raise my voice at them louder than I wished I would have. But rather than feeling guilty and inadequate as mom's, I think we need to focus on the good things we do for our kids, try to be patient on the days where we know it's running low and know that we are all Super Mom in our own ways. 

No comments:

Post a Comment