Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Pregnancy & Nursing with Shakeology -- is it safe?

*Want to try a sample for FREE? Fill out this form and email me at Crystal.Laiti@yahoo.com.

Since becoming a Beachbody Coach, especially since becoming pregnant again, I've had a lot of people ask me if it’s safe to drink Shakeology when they are pregnant or nursing.  And the answer is YES!!  *(although I always advise women to show the list of ingredients to your doctor first and get the clearance from them first)

I do take an extra 400mg of folic acid each day with my Shakeology (which only has 200mg of folic acid), since pregnant women do need between 600-800mg in their daily diet.

Personally, just drinking one shake a day throughout my pregnancy, has seriously helped out with a lot of the not-so-pleasant side effects of pregnancy, such as:

- Nausea

- Constipation (sorry TMI)

- lack of appetite

- it curbs my cravings when I want sweets or caffeine, which I
know isn't good for me or baby

- I have so much more energy this pregnancy (even though I'm also chasing 3 other little ones around)

- This is my first pregnancy drinking the Shakes AND my first pregnancy where I am NOT ANEMIC! (coincidence?)

- I'm right on track with my pregnancy weight gain so far

I also drank Shakeology while nursing my older daughter, and it seemed like it actually helped increase my milk supply as well as keep me energized and able to take in those extra needed calories in a healthy way each day!

I know I have a lot of fellow pregnant and nursing mommy friends on here, so just thought I would post this video so you can hear it straight from the creators of Shakeology themselves, in case you were interested in giving it a try.

I do have free samples that I can give to you to try, so feel free to send me an email if you have any personal questions about it or are interested in giving it a try.


Have you checked out the rest of my blog?
I've shared some of my favorite healthy recipes too: Just click here for more of my favorite recipes, including stuffed portabella mushroomsskinny crock pot enchilada soup and honey dijon and garlic salmon... just to name a few! ;)

xoxo,
Crystal

Find me here, also:
Instagram: @Motivating_Fitmom  and @Crystal_Chelle
 

No comments:

Post a Comment